Four Key Housing Trends Critical To Market Awareness
So many different news agencies report how the real estate market is doing, yet few offer usable information that can help us determine the real direction of the market. Inventory flow tells us whether the market is picking up speed or if it is slowing down, and these four key housing trends will give you a market awareness to help guide you in your real estate investment decisions.
Four Critical Housing Trends
The easiest way to track the real estate market is to watch four critical housing trends. This simple tracking, over time, will give you all the insight you need to know whether prices will be rising or falling, and whether now is the time to buy or sell.
- New Homes Listed - Simply measure the number of homes that are coming onto the market. This includes new home listings as well as homes that are re-listed after they "fail to sell" under a previous listing contract.
- Failed To Sell - When a home listing leaves the market without actually being purchased by a Buyer, we refer to these listings as a "fail to sell." Whether the home runs through the entire course of the listing agreement without being sold "expired," or if the seller changed her mind "cancelled," tracking failures is a very important part of the housing trend analysis.
- New Pending Sales - Homes that have recently come "under contract" do not actually affect the current inventory of homes, as they have not left the market, nor have they added to the number of homes on the market. However, they are still critical because over time the number of homes that are sold is always going to be a subset of the number of homes that have previously come under contract. The "pended" trend allows us to roughly predict the future sales trend.
- Sales - The number of homes that successfully sell each period is the one stat that everybody seems to report. While this is the most important of the four key housing trends to track, it can be greatly enhanced by following the three other trends previously measured.
Tallahassee Housing Trends
We can observe the four key housing trends in a real world example from the Tallahassee real estate market.
With new home listings falling and failures on the rise, we are seeing inventory reducing for the first time in years. Additionally new contracts and sales have leveled off and are actually starting to recede (normal seasonality), so I am concerned that inventory reduction might slow for the next six months or so. By keeping a close eye on these trends, we will know what is happening in the Tallahassee housing market.
As a reminder for those who subscribe to the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog by email, some embedded pictures and videos might not be appearing in your email and you might need to click the title header to go to your browser where all will be visible. Additionally, if you would like to respond (leave a comment) to this article, you will need to “click through” to the blog site to post your feedback.
If you like this Article then please subscribe to my blog through a full RSS feed, or you can . You will be able to stay informed about the happenings in the Tallahassee Real Estate Market. You can also subscribe to this blog and have it delivered by Email.
Please Do Us A Small Favor
We work very hard to produce daily content for our long-time readers and first-time visitors. We provide this information for free, hoping to earn your respect and trust and the right to one-day help you when selling or buying a home. Can we get your help spreading the word about our blog?
If you like the content, would you please like it or share it using the Facebook button at the beginning of the post? This simple action will be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
Also like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joemanausarealestate/
Joe Wrote The Book On How To Sell A Home Today
“Location, location, location’ is no longer a competitive advantage. Digital marketing and going direct to consumer have made all geographical boundaries obsolete. The Business of Getting Business is a must-read modern-day survival guide for any local business to get to the next decade. Local businesses are on death ground.
They can either take a stand and re-invent themselves by embracing the digital frontier and have a chance to survive the overwhelming odds of digital direct-to-consumer capabilities that have erased all local and national business distinctions, or they can choose business as usual and accept certain death.
The Business of Getting Business is the critical survival guide for those that choose to dig in and fight.”
– Anthony Noto, CEO, SoFi and former COO, Twitter
Get the book that explains it all, in a manner that is understanding to all, even technology neophytes. It's available on Amazon, a trusted source for consumers.
Think all REALTORS are alike?
Read what people are saying about working with Joe Manausa Real Estate! You can see thousands of real customer reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow at this link: CLICK HERE FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT REVIEWS.