Home Sales Continue Growth March 17, 2010
Closed home sales continue to rise in the Tallahassee real estate market, continuing belief that the market bottom was reached on August 18, 2009. Of course, just because unit sales are rising now does not mean that property prices are rising. In fact, the opposite is true. Home prices continue to decline, thus enticing new buyers to come forward and take advantage of the great buys in Tallahassee housing.
Closed Home Sales Keep Rising
When we view recent closed home sales in Tallahassee (above), we get a much clearer picture of the market bottoming out in August of last year near 6 home sales per day, as well as the climb back to where we are almost at 7 closed home sales per day. While 1 home per day does not seem like much, it is a 17% increase since August of last year!
Long Term Closed Home Sales In Tallahassee
When we look at the 365 day trend of daily closed home sales in the Tallahassee MLS (below), we can actually call the peak of the market (4/29/2006) as well as what we hope is the bottom of the market (8/18/2009). The next key date will be June 30, 2010 when the Homebuyer Tax Credit expires without another extension. The real estate graph below shows daily buyer activity, reported on a 365 trend, in Tallahassee.
Find Tallahassee Real Estate Resources
Do you want to know more about the Tallahassee real estate market? It is not as hard as you might think keeping up with the movements in the housing market, you just have to know where to look. The following are some of the best resources that you can find on Tallahassee real estate:
- Daily Real Estate Blog (A Technorati Top 100): Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- New Home Permits And Sales In Tallahassee: New Construction In Tallahassee
- Current Housing Reports: Housing Market Reports
- Map Based Property Search Tool: MLS Property Search
- Foreclosure Reports: Lis Pendens and Foreclosures
- List of Distressed Properties in the MLS: Distressed Properties
- REALTOR® news and updates: Successful REALTORS®