North Florida Region Fights Oversupply of Homes March 11, 2010
While the long-term forecast for home-owners in the northern region of Florida, the short-term outlook is not so rosy.
A glut of available properties, due to aggressive building during and after the boom market that started in 2004, as well as the resulting post-boom correction of slower buyer activity, has left the four county area with 18 months of supply of homes.
This graph is a bit overly simplistic in defining the North Florida real estate market though. Leon County represents the majority of the activity in the area, and currently has 12.6 months of supply. That means the other counties in this report are doing much worse than 12.6 months of supply.
Great Tallahassee Real Estate ResourcesDo you want to know more about the Tallahassee real estate market? It is not as hard as you might think keeping up with the movements in the housing market, you just have to know where to look. The following are some of the best resources that you can find on Tallahassee real estate:
- Daily Real Estate Blog (A Technorati Top 100): Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- Current Housing Reports: Housing Market Reports
- Map Based Property Search Tool: MLS Property Search
- Foreclosure Reports: Lis Pendens and Foreclosures
- List of Distressed Properties in the MLS: Distressed Properties
- REALTOR® news and updates: Successful REALTORS®