Housing Reports Without The Bias
Every month, we see new housing reports that are issued first by the National Association of REALTORS®, then by the Florida Association of REALTORS®, and finally by any local REALTORS® who actually pay attention to market reporting.
The one thing all of these seem to have in common is a consistent "spin." Somebody at the National Association of REALTORS® determines the best light in which to report the data, then we see a parroting affect all the way down the food chain until somebody locally can announce "now is the time to buy!"
Three years ago, I was one of those local REALTORS®, echoing the housing reports from on high. I figured the information would be received by a thankful reading audience, but I was wrong. I was very wrong.
Most of the readers of my early blogs were quick to point out that I was just passing the buck, reporting good news whenever it could be found, otherwise not reporting any real statistics at all. After receiving enough of this great feedback, I decided to make a commitment to providing current and accurate housing reports, whether they were positive or negative.
A Commitment To Fresh Housing Reports
So I have now made a new commitment to providing the freshest, unbiased housing reports that can be found on the internet. I am so committed to this that I even use the moniker of HousingReporter on Twitter (follow me if you haven't already).
The Tallahassee Housing Report is now updated daily, with each new day bringing a short housing report with a real estate graph and analysis. The following is the most recent reports, are you checking them out?
- Average Residential Prices February 16, 2010
- Year Over Year Home Sales February 15, 2010
- Residential Sales Trends February 14, 2010
- Pending Home Sales February 13, 2010
- Daily Home Buyer Activity Still Moving Up February 12, 2010
- Listing Failure Rates Still Too High February 11, 2010
- Long Term Housing Inventory Trends Consistent February 10, 2010
- Short Term Inventory Trends Reverse February 9, 2010
- Average Home Prices In North Florida February 8, 2010
- Home Sales Success Trend February 7, 2010
- Pending Home Sales Report February 6, 2010
- Daily Home Buyer Activity February 5, 2010
- Homes That Failed To Sell February 4, 2010
- Real Estate Depreciation Report February 3, 2009
- Long-Term Housing Trends February 2, 2010
- Housing Inventory Continues To Decline February 1, 2010
- What Homebuyers Want In Tallahassee January 31, 2010
- The Upside To Current Housing Inventory January 30, 2010
- Homes On The Market In Leon County January 29, 2010
- Active Areas In Tallahassee Real Estate January 28, 2010
- Months Of Supply Of Homes In Tallahassee January 27, 2010
- Supply And Demand In Leon County Housing January 26, 2010
- Home Sales Success Rate Improving January 25, 2010
- Home Sales Failure Rate Dropping January 24, 2010
- Daily Home Sales In Tallahassee January 23, 2010
- Tallahassee Pending Home Sales Slowing January 22, 2010
- Long-Term Trends In Tallahassee Housing January 21, 2010
- Tallahassee Short Term Housing Inventory Trends January 20, 2010
So, what do you think? Enough housing reports to keep you in the loop? Let me know with feedback in the comments section, thank you.