Home Selling? Try Active Internet Marketing
There really is a huge difference between the two different types of plans for home selling on the internet. It has taken me three years to complete the evolution from where I was, based in traditional realty methodologies, to now being a much more active marketer on the internet.
- Passive Internet Marketing occurs when a real estate company starts the evolutionary process from traditional methods to the use of the internet. "Ads" are placed on the world wide web in the hopes that consumers will contact the real estate company and then a business relationship can begin. This is how our industry used newspapers, magazines, signs, and flyers for home selling in the past, and passive web marketers have just added "the internet" to the list of passive marketing mediums.
- Active Internet Marketing requires the home selling company to have an ongoing relationship with the public, through multiple portals on the web. There is no "set it and forget it" mentality when one is actively home selling on the internet. An active company will engage as many resources online that can be utilized to push information flow to the consumer. This is not a "one-time" thing. It is an "all the time" thing, and it takes an organized, team-committed-effort to accomplish.
How You Can Tell Which One I Do
If you are considering the task of interviewing real estate agents for the job of selling your home, I believe you owe it to yourself to do some homework before you decide which companies you are going to interview. At a minimum, you can perform these 4 simple steps to find out if somebody you might want to interview is passive or active on the internet:
- Visit their local web site to see if it has dynamic, new content
- Review their site to see if it would draw you as a buyer (does it have killer content? or just pretty pictures?)
- Go to Compete.com and see if they are driving any traffic to their web site
- Discover how they plan to market your home for sale
Doing your homework before you select a real estate company has never been more important. With roughly 60% of homes listed for sale failing to sell, it seems like most "wanna be" home sellers just picked the first agent they talked to. Smarter home sellers know better!
*Joe Manausa Real Estate is a brokerage company headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida. Its unique business model provides specialists to both home sellers and home buyers, and the results speak for themselves. JMRE has significantly more 5-star reviews on google than any other local competitor. Joe Manausa Real Estate is a leader in internet marketing and utilizes search engine optimization, email marketing, social media and data analytics to get their clients’ home sold faster and for more money than any other Tallahassee brokerage firm. For more information, visit www.manausa.com or call us at (850) 366-8917.