Great News For First Time Homebuyers In Florida Real Estate
Joe Manausa Real Estate held its weekly sales meeting yesterday at our office and we were visited by Karen Gillispie, a residential lending specialist, from Premier Bank in Tallahassee. The purpose of her visit was to update the staff on the various products and loan programs for first time hombuyers.
It is interesting to note that in these times of financial hardship for everyone that there seems to be an abundance of financial assistance programs out there for eligible homebuyers purchasing new or existing homes in Florida. I will address a few today, but I recommend that you actually talk to a specialist like Karen if you want to get the best advice on loans for first time homebuyers.
First Time Homebuyer Loan Programs
There are quite a few opportunities in the Florida real estate market for first time homebuyers. Premier Bank was kind enough to share their programs with us yesterday so I thought I would pass on a quick summary of what Premier Bank has to offer its first time homebuyers:
First Mortgage Programs:
- Florida First: This program helps borrowers by offering a low 30-year fixed0rate loan. It is for borrowers that need the low rates to make tehir monthly payments more affordable.
- Florida Advantage: This program offers a very low rate to households that have a disabled member. This program is offer to buyers purchasing in certain geographical areas. You will have to check with your lender to determine if the property you desire falls within the boundaries of this program.
- Community Heroes: This program helps borrowers that are education professionals, sworn officers of the state of Florida, healthcare professionals, and all active duty military and veterans with a very low interest rate on a mortgage.
Down Payment Assistance Programs (DPA):
- Florida Assist: Offers moderate-income borrowers up to $10,000 to assist with down payment & closing costs. This loan is offered at 0% & only must be repaid if the borrower sells or refinances the home (yes, read that as a loan that does not have payments!).
- Homeownership Assistance for Moderate Income Loan (HAMI): Offers up to $5,000 to assist with down payment & closing costs. Borrowers have 10-years to repay this loan.
- Tallahassee Lenders Consortium's State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Funds: Up to $10,000 in down payment & closing costs assistance that my be paired with one of the above DPA programs. This loan is at 0% interest & must be repaid if the borrower sells or refinances the home (another no-payment loan!).
Please Do Us A Small Favor
We work very hard to produce daily content for our long-time readers and first-time visitors. We provide this information for free, hoping to earn your respect and trust and the right to one-day help you when selling or buying a home. Can we get your help spreading the word about our blog?
If you like the content, would you please like it or share it using the Facebook button at the beginning of the post? This simple action will be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
Also like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joemanausarealestate/
- Homeownership Pool Program (HOP): Eligible homebuyers may receive a 0% deferred second mortgage loan, 25% of the purchase price of the home. HOP funds may be used with the Florida Housing DPA programs and the Tallahassee Lender Consortium SHIP funds.
- Federal Home Loan Bank: Up to $10,000 in down payment, closing cost and prepaid assistance for first time buyers. This loan does require a 5 to 1 match. The loan is forgivable (no payment required) after 5 years.
I think it is obvious that there are various and plentiful programs out there for first time homebuyers. If you fall into this category (or wonder if you do), I would recommend that you contact your mortgage professional for advice. It could help you save thousands of dollar on your home purchase.
Your Local Expert In Tallahassee
Are you ready to go see a home in this oft-overlooked, amazing neighborhood? Do you have further questions on the Tallahassee real estate market? If so, you can leave a comment below, give us a call at (850) 366-8917, or drop us a note and we'll give you the local information needed to ensure a successful, smooth transaction.
As a local born and raised in Tallahassee with a focus on customer service, I promise you'll find great success when working with Joe Manausa Real Estate, just as have our past customers. You can read thousands of their reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow right here: Real Estate Agent Reviews Tallahassee.
Have you heard about my new book "The Business of Getting Business?" It's a comprehensive guide for small businesses to help them make the move to digital. For those of us who want to survive and thrive in a world where large corporations are taking over, it is a must-read. It's also the perfect guide for how to sell a home in the digital age. You can find it on Amazon (UK) for immediate delivery, or you can go to Amazon (US) to reserve a copy at a pre-US published rate.
Think all REALTORS are alike?
Read what people are saying about working with Joe Manausa Real Estate! You can see thousands of real customer reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow at this link: CLICK HERE FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT REVIEWS.