Home Sales Success Trends March 22, 2010
Home sellers are finding more success today than they have for the past two years. By tracking the total number of home sales in Tallahassee, and dividing them by the total number of listings during the same period of time, we are able to track a measurement that we refer to as the “Home Sales Success Rate.”
Currently, the 365 day trend of the home sales success rate has hit 47%, up from a low of 35% found roughly one year ago. In the real estate graph below, the blue field shows the one year trend measurement, while the red, green and purple lines show the shorter-term trends.
The short term trends in the home sales success rate are all falling, both an indication of seasonal moves in the housing market as well as a warning for the long-term trend to start to drop. One interpretation of this graph could be that serious home sellers who stage, price, and market their homes correctly right now have the best chance of selling their home that they have seen in over two years (and possibly the best chance they will have for years to come).
If you are trying to sell a home in Tallahassee, make sure you put your best effort forward now, or you risk of joining those who are on the “failed to sell” list.
Popular Tallahassee Real Estate LinksDo you want to know more about the Tallahassee real estate market? It is not as hard as you might think keeping up with the movements in the housing market, you just have to know where to look. The following are some of the best resources that you can find on Tallahassee real estate:
- Tallahassee Short Sale Listings: Tallahassee Short Sales
- Daily Real Estate Blog (A Technorati Top 100): Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- Current Housing Reports: Housing Market Reports
- Map Based Property Search Tool: MLS Property Search
- Foreclosure Reports: Lis Pendens and Foreclosures
- List of Distressed Properties in the MLS: Distressed Properties
- REALTOR® news and updates: Successful REALTORS®
Post a Comment