Homebuyers Should Avoid These Common Mistakes
One of the benefits of working in a real estate office that utilizes a team approach to customer service is that I get a whole bunch of feedback from our great real estate agents. During our past company business meeting, we were reviewing some of the common mistakes that we see homebuyers make in the Tallahassee real estate market. With this fresh information on the top of my mind, I figured it would make for great blog content this morning.
Don't Make These Mortgage Mistakes!
- Creating A Budget - One of the more confusing aspects of buying a home is the loan qualification process. Loan programs vary, so how much home you can buy under each program varies as well. But I think there is a bigger point at stake here. Why is a bank telling you how much to spend on your home? Shouldn't your family budget determine what you are willing to spend? I recommend families look at their income and expenses and then determine a comfortable range of monthly expenses. I suspect if more people had done this in the past, the crazy loan programs and the chaos that ensued might not have been so bad.
- Determining A "Haves" and "Wants" list - Much like the issue of budget, we often times see buyers become "fatigued" with the home selection process. The easiest way to avoid this is to create a list of what the next home "must have," as well as a list of features that you "want" it to have. Since there is no such thing as a perfect home, knowing the difference between your "haves" and "wants" will make the selection process that much easier.
- Recognizing Value - Often times, buyers will let the condition of a property disproportionately affect their valuation of a property. Many times we see a buyer select a home in great shape over a home that, with a few cosmetic improvements, would be far more valuable for the money. Remember, carpet, painting, and minor repairs can be accomplished prior to closing, so don't let the conditions of these items affect your personal valuation of a property.
- Self Educating - We have so much information available on our website, there is no reason that a buyer needs to go through this process as if they were picking up a bag of fruit at the grocery. Understanding all of opportunities that are available for a homebuyer, such as warranties and even cashback at closing, will help buyers get the best possible deal available when they buy a home.
- Learning From Others - When you meet with your agent at our real estate office, take the time to ask questions and listen to what we have learned from the homebuyers who came before you. Remember, experience matters!
*Joe Manausa Real Estate is a brokerage company headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida. Its unique business model provides specialists to both home sellers and home buyers, and the results speak for themselves. JMRE has significantly more 5-star reviews on google than any other local competitor. Joe Manausa Real Estate is a leader in internet marketing and utilizes search engine optimization, email marketing, social media and data analytics to get their clients’ home sold faster and for more money than any other Tallahassee brokerage firm. For more information, visit www.manausa.com or call us at (850) 366-8917.
Please Do Us A Small Favor
We work very hard to produce daily content for our long-time readers and first-time visitors. We provide this information for free, hoping to earn your respect and trust and the right to one-day help you when selling or buying a home. Can we get your help spreading the word about our blog?
If you like the content, would you please like it or share it using the Facebook button at the beginning of the post? This simple action will be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
Also like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joemanausarealestate/
Your Local Expert In Tallahassee
When moving to, in, or from Tallahassee, you will fare better if you work with a local expert. We are here to help. If you have further questions on the Tallahassee real estate market, you can leave a comment below, give us a call at (850) 366-8917, or drop us a note and we'll give you the local information needed to ensure a successful, smooth transaction.
As a local born and raised in Tallahassee with a focus on customer service, I promise you'll find great success when working with Joe Manausa Real Estate, just as have our past customers. You can read thousands of their reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow right here: Real Estate Agent Reviews Tallahassee.
Have you heard about my new book "The Business of Getting Business?" It's a comprehensive guide for small businesses to help them make the move to digital. For those of us who want to survive and thrive in a world where large corporations are taking over, it is a must-read. It's also the perfect guide for how to sell a home in the digital age. You can find The Business Of Getting Business from each of the trusted retailers below.
Think all REALTORS are alike?
Read what people are saying about working with Joe Manausa Real Estate! You can see thousands of real customer reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow at this link: CLICK HERE FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT REVIEWS.
Post a Comment