What's For Sale in the Tallahassee Real Estate Market
As I get ready to make my annual trip to West Point, I find myself checking the Tallahassee Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to find out what is for sale in the Tallahassee real estate market.
The good news is that inventory has made a modest decline in the past few weeks. When I look at homes for sale in Tallahassee (single family detached homes, condos and townhouses), I find that the total inventory of homes on the market in Tallahassee has dropped to 3,217 homes. Here is how that breaks down:
Homes For Sale In Tallahassee
- 322 new construction, single family detached homes
- 1,845 resale, single family detached homes
- 334 new construction condos and townhouses
- 716 resale condos and townhouses
- 3,217 housing units for sale in Tallahassee
Of course I'm curious about pricing points, so here is what I have found about the average asking price by property type in Tallahassee:
Average Price Per Square Foot In Tallahassee
- New construction, single family detached homes - $150 per square foot
- Resale, single family detached homes - $140 per square foot
- New construction condos and townhouses - $198 per square foot
- Resale condos and townhouses - $121 per square foot
- Average Price per square foot for a home in Tallahasseee - $143
Now, square footage costs is only a general rule of thumb, so don't go grabbing your calculator to see what your home is worth (especially since these are the asking prices of what is on the market, of which, over 60% will fail to sell!). I guess the next logical statistic to point out is the average asking price by property type, so here it is:
Average Asking Price For A Home In Tallahassee
- New construction, single family detached homes - $320,691
- Resale, single family detached homes - $301,126
- New construction condos and townhouses - $266,413
- Resale condos and townhouses - $138,893
- Average asking price for a home in Tallahassee - $263,373
Now, to round out our Tallahassee housing data, the average home sizes are listed below:
Average Home Size In Tallahassee
- New construction, single family detached homes - 2,135 Square Feet
- Resale, single family detached homes - 2,149 Square Feet
- New construction condos and townhouses - 1,349 Square Feet
- Resale condos and townhouses - 1,150 Square Feet
- Average home size in Tallahassee - 1,842 Square Feet
As a reminder for those who subscribe to the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog by email, some embedded pictures and videos might not be appearing in your email and you might need to click the title header to go to your browser where all will be visible.
Keep checking out the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog every day for updates that include charts, graphs, and analysis of the Tallahassee real estate market.
If you like this Article then please subscribe to my blog through a full RSS feed, or you can . You will be able to stay informed about the happenings in the Tallahassee Real Estate Market. You can also subscribe to this blog and have it delivered by Email.
Joe Manausa is a real estate investor and the Broker and Co-Owner of Joe Manausa Real Estate. He can be reached via e-mail through the Tallahassee Real Estate Website or catch his latest writings on the Tallahassee Florida Real Estate Blog , or by calling (850) 386-2001.
Please Do Us A Small Favor
We work very hard to produce daily content for our long-time readers and first-time visitors. We provide this information for free, hoping to earn your respect and trust and the right to one-day help you when selling or buying a home. Can we get your help spreading the word about our blog?
If you like the content, would you please like it or share it using the Facebook button at the beginning of the post? This simple action will be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
Also like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/joemanausarealestate/
Your Local Expert In Tallahassee
When moving to, in, or from Tallahassee, you will fare better if you work with a local expert. We are here to help. If you have further questions on the Tallahassee real estate market, you can leave a comment below, give us a call at (850) 366-8917, or drop us a note and we'll give you the local information needed to ensure a successful, smooth transaction.
As a local born and raised in Tallahassee with a focus on customer service, I promise you'll find great success when working with Joe Manausa Real Estate, just as have our past customers. You can read thousands of their reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow right here: Real Estate Agent Reviews Tallahassee.
Have you heard about my new book "The Business of Getting Business?" It's a comprehensive guide for small businesses to help them make the move to digital. For those of us who want to survive and thrive in a world where large corporations are taking over, it is a must-read. It's also the perfect guide for how to sell a home in the digital age. You can find The Business Of Getting Business from each of the trusted retailers below.
Think all REALTORS are alike?
Read what people are saying about working with Joe Manausa Real Estate! You can see thousands of real customer reviews reported on Google, Facebook and Zillow at this link: CLICK HERE FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT REVIEWS.