A real estate blogger has so many topics that are available and germane to the central theme of the blog. I think it must be a whole lot easier to write a real estate blog than some others where topics tend to be more narrow in scope. Sometimes though, I like to review the recent topics and reach out to readers to see if any "older" discussion points need to be revisited.
The Tallahassee real estate blog is focused on anything that relates to real estate, with a focus on the Tallahassee housing market. Most of what we write here falls easily into one of eight categories, but when we do go off the grid, we maintain a category called "off topic."
- Distressed Property This category includes any blog posts that discuss foreclosures, lis pendens, bank REOs, etc. Perhaps the hottest and most written-about topic on real estate blogs throughout the world right now, we make sure we stay "up to speed" on the distressed segment of the market.
- Market Conditions - We have always been an industry leader in providing real estate graphs and market analysis. In fact, we felt this topic was so important that we created a separate blog (Housing Reports) to publish a daily graph and snapshot of the market. We also feature many of our blog posts that directly relate to the condition of the real estate market.
- Mortgage / Finance Since more than 85% of home buyers in the US use some form of financing to leverage their purchase of real estate, no real estate blog is complete without covering every aspect of mortgage and finance, whether conventional or creative.
- Real Estate Advice Many visitors to the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog found us through a search engine when they were seeking a better understanding of how something is done/should be done when buying or selling real estate. Any time we write a post that exposes a "how to," we tag it with "real estate advice."
- Real Estate and Government Any time we write about something political or the direct impact of the government on our industry, we put it in this category. Real estate and government often times provokes our liveliest feedback.
- Real Estate Blogging This is a bit of a catch-all category, used to identify any and all posts that are "Realtorish." These are typically posts that are similar to ones you might find on another real estate blog (but with our "Tallahassee" touch of course).
- Real Estate Glossary The real estate glossary is used when we write about a term that is used in the housing industry. This category is a great resource for anybody who wants to know more about the real estate industry as a whole.
- Tallahassee Neighborhoods We have more than 1,200 established neighborhoods that are in the Tallahassee real estate market. By tagging each post when one is mentioned, we have created a nice link-pool for collecting information that people want to know about specific subdivisions and communities in and around Tallahassee. One of the more popular pages on our site can be found on the header bar with the "Tallahassee Neighborhoods" title.
- Off Topic Although not used often, this is a tag for anything that we write that does not directly relate to the housing market.
Joe Manausa, MBA is a 26 year veteran of real estate brokerage in Tallahassee, Florida and has owned and managed his own company since 1992. He is a daily blogger with content that focuses on real estate analytics and providing his clients with a tactical advantage in today's challenging market.