As far as the numbers go, we have been observing higher home inventory levels. Since January, homes coming onto the market outpaced homes leaving the market by a whopping 313 homes, a 14% increase in just two months. While many homeowners annually choose this time of year to enter the market to sell their home, this year it coincides with a recovery that was starting to gain some momentum.
The red line in the real estate graph above shows that the inventory of single family homes, condominiums and townhouses has taken a large jump higher. The green line above shows that home sales were typical for a January and February. The blue bars measure relative supply, which need to fall back down to and below the orange line for the market to be considered in balance.
More About Tallahassee Real EstateDo you want to know more about the Tallahassee real estate market? It is not as hard as you might think keeping up with the movements in the housing market, you just have to know where to look. The following are some of the best resources that you can find on Tallahassee real estate:
- Tallahassee Short Sale Listings: Tallahassee Short Sales
- Daily Real Estate Blog (A Technorati Top 100): Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- Current Housing Reports: Housing Market Reports
- Map Based Property Search Tool: MLS Property Search
- Foreclosure Reports: Lis Pendens and Foreclosures
- List of Distressed Properties in the MLS: Distressed Properties
- REALTOR® news and updates: Successful REALTORS®
Joe Manausa, MBA is a 26 year veteran of real estate brokerage in Tallahassee, Florida and has owned and managed his own company since 1992. He is a daily blogger with content that focuses on real estate analytics and providing his clients with a tactical advantage in today's challenging market.